COLD LASER THERAPY COST: SESSION PRICE
$70 per session
$55 Pension/Health Care Card holders
Treatment sessions with our fully qualified laser therapists. Treatments are conducted using our medical-grade low level laser machine.
A hematoma or bruise is a collection of blood outside the blood vessels, normally caused by injury, surgery, or a more serious trauma. Anybody can get bruises, but people with low platelet or other bleeding problems may develop bruising more easily and it may be in a more severe form. Hematomas are usually reabsorbed into the body. But, depending on the location, size and the cause of bruising, it may take longer to heal as it may need to be drained surgically.
Low level laser therapy – offering relief from Bruises / Hematomas
Low level laser therapy – also known as cold laser – a medical grade, painless therapeutic laser used as an effective treatment to reduce inflammation, restore healthy tissue and reduce pain.
The powerful anti-inflammatory and pain relieving effects of LLLT help patients suffering from brusing.
LLLT works by enhancing circulation and encouraging the injured cells and tissues to repair, helping to restore normal function. As the underlying problem is treated, pain relief is possible.
A ground-breaking therapy for accelerating healing and relieving pain, a series of treatments is usually recommended to achieve the best results.
Safe and very effective in treating pain, low level laser helps you get back in action, faster.
Benefits of low level laser therapy as a treatment for Bruising / Hematoma:
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION
ON (07) 5578 9000
What causes bruising?
A Hematoma occurs when small blood vessels under the skin tear or rupture and the contents are leaked into the soft tissue beneath the skin causing black-and-blue color. Bruising can be caused if:
- The person suffers injury or trauma to a certain area of the body after playing sports or falling down.
- The individual is struck by a blunt object.
- The person has hit his/her arm or leg on a hard surface which caused bleeding under the skin.
- People with blood clotting problems bruise easily and have a tendency to bleed easily as well.
Symptoms of Hematoma
Primary symptoms of hematoma are swelling, pain, and discoloration of skin. The bruise can be very tender to touch and starts with a pinkish red color. The bruised muscle is often very difficult to use. The bruise eventually changes to a bluish color, then greenish-yellow. When the bruise is healed the color returns to the normal skin color.
- Tiny red dots on the skin called petechiae (pronounced: pe- TEEK- ee- ay). This is an indication of low blood platelets and is normally found on the lower legs.
- Severe pain.
- Frequent nosebleeds, known as epistaxis.
- Bleed easily, which indicates blood disorder, or low blood platelets.
- Feel overly tired or fatigue. If anemia is accompanied by bleeding problems, it will make it hard to perform any sort of normal activities.
- Suddenly start to bruise easily and there are no clear reasons for the bruising.
- Signs of infection. This is followed by severe pain, swelling, or red streaks around the bruised area and fever.
- After a blow to the eye.
How is Hematoma treated?
Painkillers or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are effective medications. If the bruise doesn’t require doctor’s attention, home remedies such as ice packs may be used to relieve pain and swelling.
Other treatments include:
- Pain medication
- Apply ice packs to prevent or minimize swelling.
- Wrap the bruised area with an elastic bandage.
- Elevate the bruised area with a pillow.
- Gently massage the bruised area.
Low level laser therapy is an effective, drug-free, painless alternative to traditional treatments for Bruising and Hematomas.
Used on its own or in combination with traditional treatments under the guidance of a GP, cold laser can be effective in reducing or eliminating pain.
Instant or long-lasting relief cannot be guaranteed as results vary for each patient due to age, health condition, type of injury, lifestyle and concurrent treatments, however clinical evidence and our patients’ experiences indicate low level laser to be a worthwhile and effective treatment option.
Why not try laser therapy to accelerate the healing of bruises and hematomas. We welcome you to book a session or speak to our laser team for advice.
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION
ON (07) 5578 9000