COLD LASER THERAPY COST: SESSION PRICE
Long Treatment $101.70 | Standard Treatment $67 | Short Treatment $47
Treatment sessions are with qualified laser Doctors. Treatments are conducted using our medical-grade low level laser machine.
Laser for Pain Therapy
Pain can be very challenging, both physically and mentally. It can hold you back from enjoying life and getting through your everyday activities.
Cold laser offers pain relief using laser light to accelerate the body’s natural healing processes. It helps manage pain, repair injuries and restore normal movement. Laser pain therapy also increases the speed and quality of tissue repair and reduces inflammation.
What kinds of pain can be treated with cold laser?
Many types of pain can be treated:
Chronic pain applies to pain or discomfort that persists for more than 3 months on a regular basis. Complex and problematic to treat, it can be mild or severe, constantly recurring or sporadic.
Acute pain refers to pain that arises from surgery, injury or illness, wear and tear. Acute pain is typically short in duration and disappears when the cause of pain has healed or been treated appropriately.
- Fibromyalgia pain – deep muscle pain, tender points on the body, morning stiffness
- Repetitive stress injuries – shooting pain, aches and burning sensations
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – tingling, numbness, pins and needles
- Arthritis pain – inflammation in the joints causing pain and stiffness
Parts of the body:
- Muscle pain / myalgia – Deep or sharp aches in the muscle, can be constant or sporadic
- Muscle spasms – Cramping and tightening sensations
- Joint pain – Aching, throbbing, heat in the joints
- Ligament pain – Pain and stiffness
- Tendon pain – Pain, weakness, swelling and heat
- Nerve pain – Tingling, burning, stabbing pain
- Back pain – Upper, middle or lower back pain with various pain symptoms
- Neck pain – Spasms, aches, stiffness, tingling, headaches, reduced motion
- Knee pain – Pain, swelling, lack of motion
- Myofascial trigger points – Pain coming from the muscles and the connective tissues (fascia)
Sprains – tear or stretch in a ligament causing pain, swelling and bruising
Strains – tear or stretch in a muscle or tendon causing pain, swelling and
Wounds, abrasions and bruising
Exactly how does the cold laser work?
The cold laser is placed over the area of injury for a length of time, at a specific dose. The laser emits light photons which are particles of light. These light particles are absorbed by the target area and interact with cells. This interaction is the the catalyst for a chain reaction that heals the damaged tissue. There’s a video on our Gold Coast laser therapy page offering an overview of the treatment process and benefits.
Cold laser therapy uses various wavelengths of light to penetrate the skin through the epidermis (top layer of skin) dermis (middle layer of skin) and hypodermis (deeper level of fat and connective tissue) to a depth of 2 to 5cm. Cold laser light reduces pain, bruising and swelling and is painless with no side effects.
LLLT has been shown to regulate prostaglandin levels which is one of the actions of anti-inflammatory drugs. Prostoglandins form part of the body’s mechanism of healing and sometimes they can be produced excessively leading to unwanted inflammation. Regulating prostoglandins may lead to a decrease in inflammation and reduced irritatation of nerve endings. This desensitises the area, decreasing or eliminating pain at the site.
“Researchers have identified anti-inflammatory effects across a range of laser wavelengths and doses… Tissue repair can also produce long-term benefits to relieve chronic pain conditions”
– Dr Roberta Chow
- 1 in 5 Australians live with chronic pain – including adolescents and children
- Arthritis and back problems account for 40% of forced retirements
- Less than 10% of people with chronic pain (non-cancer) gain access to effective care despite 80% being able to be treated effectively if they had adequate access to pain services
- 1 in 5 adults with severe pain also suffer depression or mood disorders
- Physical health problems and chronic pain have been implicated in 21% of suicides in Australia
To find out more or book a session at our practice, you can contact our friendly Reception team on 07 5578 9000
If you prefer to treat your pain in the comfort of your own home, we offer cold laser devices for hire.
See our laser pricing page for cost and booking instructions.
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION ON (07) 5578 9000
WANT TO KNOW MORE? REQUEST A CALL BACK OR EMAIL FROM ONE OF OUR FRIENDLY AND FULLY QUALIFIED LASER THERAPISTS