COLD LASER THERAPY COST: SESSION PRICE
Long Treatment $101.70 | Standard Treatment $67 | Short Treatment $47
Treatment sessions are with qualified laser Doctors. Treatments are conducted using our medical-grade low level laser machine.
Searching for a neck pain treatment? Fed up with painkillers? We can help.
Persistent neck pain is a common condition sometimes with no known cause – which can make it tough to treat the source of pain.
Neck pain can be debilitating and sufferers find it can persist despite frequent visits to the doctor, pain medication and participation in physical therapies.
But you don’t have to endure chronic neck pain, or any neck pain for that matter. Relief is at hand.
Neck Pain Relief with Cold Laser Therapy
Enter cold laser therapy – also known as low level laser therapy – a medical grade, painless therapeutic laser used as an effective treatment to relieve pain.
Not only can it soothe muscle tension and reduce inflammation, it tends to work well in combination with exercise, physiotherapy and other treatment modalities.
A ground-breaking therapy for both acute (recent injury) and chronic (long-term) neck pain, cold laser has the ability to offer both short term and long term pain relief.
Pain reduction from a neck injury can usually be felt immediately after treatment and those suffering from chronic neck pain may experience some improvement after initial treatments. Chronic neck pain usually requires a series of treatments to experience a significant reduction in symptoms.
– Dr David Bartlett, Practice Principal – Robina Town Medical Centre
Benefits of low level laser therapy as a neck pain treatment:
- Clinically proven results
- Safe to use immediately after an injury
- Reduces the need for medication
- Helps to restore the normal range of motion
- Suitable for all ages
- Treatment is painless
- Relieves and potentially eliminates pain
Low level laser therapy safely improves the range of motion of the neck, promoting blood circulation to the affected area and alleviating muscle tension.
LLLT promotes the body’s natural healing processes, relieving the pain and helping the body to treat the source of pain.
What causes neck pain?
The neck is quite vulnerable to strain and injury being a flexible support for the head and protection for the spinal cord. Injury to the nerves or the soft tissues including the muscles, ligaments and tendons can all cause neck pain. Long hours sitting at a computer and repetitive movements can contribute to neck pain and this type of strain is often not treated. Sudden injuries to the neck can also occur, whether through sporting injuries, falls or accidents.
Other causes include:
- Degenerative diseases
- Trauma and injuries to the neck area
- Poor posture
- Muscle strains or muscle spasms, whiplash
- Awkward positions such as hunching over or holding a phone between your neck and shoulder
- Dislocation of the shoulder
- Rotated vertebrae
- Pinched nerve
- Referred lung or heart pain
- Tight muscles in the neck, chest, shoulder or back
Symptoms of neck pain
Neck pain presents in different ways.
- Sometimes the pain can be radiating and will extend up to the head or down the arms.
- Arms, hands or fingers can feel as though they are tingling or numb
- Limited range of motion of the neck, with a tight pinch when the head is turned
- After a neck strain or sprain neck muscles can tighten, causing it to feel stiff
- Pain and difficulty turning or moving the head
How is neck pain treated?
Traditional forms of therapy for neck pain include:
- Pain medication and / or anti-inflammatories
- Ice packs
- Soft tissue massage
Neck pain management usually begins with the conservative options of pain medication, rest and ice/heat, moving to higher interventions like physical therapies and diagnostic imaging. Low level laser is a useful addition or alternative to these options.
Used on its own or in combination with traditional treatments under the guidance of a GP, cold laser can be effective in reducing or eliminating pain.
Traditional neck pain treatments often require patience and persistence and low level laser is no different.
Instant or long-lasting relief cannot be guaranteed as results vary for each patient due to age, health condition, type of injury, lifestyle and concurrent treatments.
Clinical evidence and our patients’ experiences indicate low level laser to be a worthwhile and effective treatment option for neck pain.
Laser Treatment for Neck Pain – Clinical Evidence
According to studies conducted at the University of Sydney, patients with acute neck pain experienced a reduction in pain immediately after their LLLT treatment session and those with chronic neck pain experienced a reduction in pain in 22 weeks or less.
A study of low level laser therapy for acute pain with radiculopathy (pinched nerve) indicated LLLT gave effective short-term relief of arm pain and increased range of neck movement.
Low level laser therapy effects were measured in patients with chronic myofascial pain syndrome (pain affecting a small number of muscles and involving ‘trigger points’ within the muscles) with results suggesting the application of LLLT is effective in pain relief and improves the functional movement of the neck.
Chronic neck pain sufferers experienced relief from pain with low level laser therapy over a 3 month period in a study by Dr Roberta Chow and colleagues.
Case Studies from our Gold Coast Treatment Room
Neck pain treatment – 49 year old male
Diagnosed with ‘regional pain syndrome’, this patient has experienced complex pain for many years, severely impacting on his ability to perform regular daily activities.
Results after treatment for neck pain and lower back pain:
After only 3 laser treatments
- Complete absence of neck pain
- Improvements in range of motion
- Better sleep
After 6 sessions
- The patient was able to take up exercise, walking 500m every day
After 12 sessions
- Able to walk more upright
- Added another 500m to his daily walking/exercise regimen
Neck pain treatment – 62 year old female
Has C2-C4 disc protrusion; cervical spondyloses. Experiences neck pain and stiffness, pain radiating down the right arm and restrictions in movement.
After 4 sessions of laser
- Greater range of motion
- Reduced pain
- None of the headaches she would have on a daily basis
After 6 sessions
- Reported less paraesthesia (numbness and tingling) in her fingers.
- Was eventually able to raise arms above shoulder height – which she could not do prior to laser treatment
If you need relief from neck pain, low level laser therapy could benefit you. We welcome you to book a session or speak to our laser team for advice. Don’t suffer any longer.
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION ON (07) 5578 9000
WANT TO KNOW MORE? REQUEST A CALL BACK OR EMAIL FROM ONE OF OUR FRIENDLY AND FULLY QUALIFIED LASER THERAPISTS