COLD LASER THERAPY COST: SESSION PRICE
$70 per session
$55 Pension/Health Care Card holders
Treatment sessions with our fully qualified laser therapists. Treatments are conducted using our medical-grade low level laser machine.
Migraine is a major headache disorder that causes severe throbbing or a pulsating sensation in one area of the head and is normally followed by nausea, vomiting, and intense sensitivity to light and sound. Headache may also accompany sensory warnings such as flashes of light, tingling in the arms or legs and blind spots. Usually, one half of the head is affected by headaches, which can cause significant pain for hours or even days. Traditional treatments include pain medication and stress reduction as well as surgery. Low level laser is an alternative, non-invasive, non-toxic treatment option.
Low level laser therapy – offering relief from Migraine
Low level laser therapy – also known as cold laser – a medical grade, painless therapeutic laser used as an effective treatment to reduce inflammation, restore healthy tissue and reduce pain.
The powerful anti-inflammatory and pain relieving effects of LLLT help to improve the quality of life of patients suffering from the pain of Migraine.
LLLT works by enhancing circulation and reducing inflammation, helping to restore normal function. As the underlying problem is treated, pain relief is possible.
A ground-breaking therapy for reliving the pain of migraine, a series of treatments is usually recommended to achieve the best results.
Safe and effective, low level laser helps you get back in action, faster.
Benefits of low level laser therapy as a treatment for Migraine:
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION
ON (07) 5578 9000
What causes Migraine?
Although the underlying causes of migraines are not known, they’re thought to be the result of a mix of environmental and genetic factors. Almost half of all people who suffer from migraines also have a close relative with the condition. Migraine headaches can be triggered by:
- Hormonal changes in women. Many women often report headaches immediately before or during their periods.
- Bright lights or flickering lights, smoky rooms, loud noises, strong smells and certain perfumes or odours.
- Tiredness, jet lag or exhaustion from exercise.
- Physical or emotional stress.
- Irregular sleep or changes in sleep pattern.
- Smoking or exposure to smoke.
- Drinking alcohol.
- Medications such as, sleeping pills, contraceptives, hormone replacement therapy etc.
- Change of weather or barometric pressure.
- Foods such as, salty foods, aged cheese and processed foods.
Symptoms of Migraine
Symptoms can occur long before the headache, just before the headache, during and after the headache. Although there are different types of migraines, symptoms however are typically the same.
- Moderate to severe pain in one side of the head
- Throbbing, pulsing pain
- Pain increases during physical activity
- Pain makes it harder to perform regular activities
- Feeling sick
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound
- For some patients, migraine headaches can be followed by aura or warning signs. Auras are actually perceptual disturbances, which may include flashing lights, confusing thoughts, blind spots in vision, zigzag lines in the visual field.
How is migraine treated?
Migraines cannot be cured, so treatment is aimed at preventing full-scale attack, and ease the symptoms.
Treatments may include:
- Various pain medications
- Rest and relaxation
- Getting adequate sleep
- Reducing stress.
- Surgery and Botox injections are also performed to alleviate pain
Low level laser therapy is an effective, drug-free, painless alternative to traditional treatments for Migraine.
Used on its own or in combination with traditional treatments under the guidance of a GP, cold laser can be effective in reducing or eliminating pain.
Instant or long-lasting relief cannot be guaranteed as results vary for each patient due to age, health condition, type of injury, lifestyle and concurrent treatments, however clinical evidence and our patients’ experiences indicate low level laser to be a worthwhile and effective treatment option.
Why not try laser therapy for relief from the pain of Migraine. We welcome you to book a session or speak to our laser team for advice.
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION
ON (07) 5578 9000