COLD LASER THERAPY COST: SESSION PRICE
$70 per session
$55 Pension/Health Care Card holders
Treatment sessions with our fully qualified laser therapists. Treatments are conducted using our medical-grade low level laser machine.
Nerve Pain Treatment
Are you suffering from nerve pain?
A nerve is a whitish bundle of fibers that serves as a communication channel between the brain and the rest of the body. Any pain arising from a nerve is called nerve pain or neuropathic pain. It can be the result of tissue injury or from damage to the nerve fibers themselves. There are three main types of nerves in the body:
- Autonomic nerves that control involuntary activities like heart rate and blood pressure
- Motor nerves that carry signals from the brain to the muscles
- Sensory nerves that carry impulses from muscles back to the brain
There are various treatment options however nerve pain can often be successfully treated using low level laser therapy – which offers
- repair of damaged cells and tissues
- restoration of function, and
- significant reduction of pain in many cases
Don’t put up with the pain!
Get Nerve Pain Relief with Cold Laser Therapy
Enter cold laser therapy – also known as low level laser therapy – a medical grade, painless therapeutic laser used as an effective treatment to relieve pain.
The powerful anti-inflammatory effect of LLLT helps heal inflamed and pinched nerves. It works by encouraging the injured cells and tissues to repair, helping to restore normal function. As the underlying problem is treated, restoration of function and longer lasting pain relief is possible.
Not only can low level laser reduce inflammation, it tends to work well in combination with other treatment modalities.
A ground-breaking therapy for accelerating healing and relieving the pain associated with pinched and inflamed nerves, cold laser has the ability to offer both short term and long term pain relief.
Some pain reduction can usually be felt immediately after treatment and a series of treatments are needed to feel the full benefit.
"If you suffer from neuropathic pain low level laser can reduce the severity and frequency of your pain symptoms"
– Dr David Bartlett, Practice Principal – Robina Town Medical Centre
Benefits of low level laser therapy as a treatment for nerve pain:
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION
ON (07) 5578 9000
What causes nerve pain?
Nerves are essential to the functioning of the human body and nerve pain can seriously affect a person’s quality of life. There are more than 100 different causes of nerve damage and each is associated with its own set of symptoms.
Some causes of nerve pain include:
- Age-related nerve damage
- Nutritional deficiencies (e.g., vitamins B6 and B12)
- Compression or trauma (e.g., pinched nerve or crush injury)
- Side effect of a drug (e.g., certain HIV medications, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy)
- Exposure to toxins (e.g., lead, mercury, arsenic)
- Autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and myasthenia gravis
- Motor neurone diseases such as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Infectious diseases such as HIV, hepatitis, and herpes
- Cancer (a rapidly growing mass can push against or crush a nerve)
Symptoms of nerve pain
Nerve pain is usually the result of nerve damage. Injured or damaged nerves send false signals to the brain which is perceived as chronic pain. Conversely, pain from an injured body part may fail to register (for example, people with severe diabetes may not feel any pain from a foot ulcer).
Decreased sensitivity can make activities like typing or playing a musical instrument difficult or lead to impaired balance and a risk of falls. Increased sensitivity can make even touching a sheet painful. The symptoms of nerve pain depend on the type of nerve affected and the location of the damage.
Symptoms of autonomic nerve damage include:
- Inability to sense pain in the chest (such as with angina or heart attack)
- Dry mouth and eyes
- Bladder dysfunction
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sweating dysfunction
Symptoms of motor nerve damage include:
- Muscle wasting
Symptoms of sensory nerve damage include:
- Numbness and tingling
- Impaired position awareness
How is nerve pain treated?
Nerve pain is often treated by addressing the underlying condition. Examples include:
- Tight control of blood sugar in people with diabetes
- Treatment of existing autoimmune conditions
- Correction of nutritional deficiencies
- Using alternative drugs when nerve pain is a side effect of medication
- Physical therapy when nerve pain is the result of compression or trauma
Symptomatic treatment of nerve pain can include:
- Pain-relieving medications
- Anti-depressant medications
Low level laser therapy is an effective, drug-free, painless alternative to traditional nerve pain treatments
Used on its own or in combination with traditional treatments under the guidance of a GP, cold laser can be effective in reducing or eliminating pain.
Instant or long-lasting relief cannot be guaranteed as results vary for each patient due to age, health condition, type of injury, lifestyle and concurrent treatments, however clinical evidence and our patients’ experiences indicate low level laser to be a worthwhile and effective treatment option for nerve pain.
Case Studies from our Gold Coast Treatment Room
Nerve pain treatment – 70 year old male
A diabetic suffering from neuropathic pain, this patient experienced burning nerve pain in the edges of his feet.
Results after a series of treatments:
- Complete absence of nerve pain for several weeks
- Pain returned eventually but was not as severe or as frequent as the pain level prior to treatment.
Nerve pain treatment – 49 year old male
Suffering from regional pain syndrome
After a series of laser treatments:
- Remarkable reduction in pain initially
- Eventually not in pain as often – prior to treatment the patient was in pain 3-4 days per week.
If you’ve not had success with other procedures or therapies, you might be amazed that this simple treatment actually helps reduce your pain.
We welcome you to book a session or speak to our laser team for advice.
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION
ON (07) 5578 9000