COLD LASER THERAPY COST: SESSION PRICE
$70 per session
$55 Pension/Health Care Card holders
Treatment sessions with our fully qualified laser therapists. Treatments are conducted using our medical-grade low level laser machine.
A wound is an injury to body tissue and in particular the outer layer of the skin in which the skin is cut, punctured, torn or damaged by impact. Minor wounds include scratches, cuts, grazes, punctures, surgical incisions, burns, infections. A wound that heals slowly or recurs is referred to as a chronic wound. Treatment options range from self-care and wound dressing to medications and surgical investigation. There is an alternative.
Low level laser therapy can help accelerate wound healing, making this non-invasive, non toxic therapy a viable alternative to traditional therapies.
There are three stages of normal wound healing, the smaller the wound, the faster the healing process:
- Inflammatory stage – 0-3 days clot building and destroying bacteria. The wound can be painful and swollen.
- Proliferation or Fibroblastic stage – 3-24 days growth of collagen to heal and close the wound. For the area to form new skin, new cells need to form.
- Maturation – 24 – 365 days regenerating the wounded area with more collagen once it has healed up. Scar tissue forms and the strength of the wounded skin is improved.
Caring for wounds involves cleaning the area, covering the wound, regularly changing dressings, getting stitches if needed and watching closely for signs of infection. Most wounds benefit from a moist environment to enhance healing and encourage new cell growth.
There are some factors that can slow down the healing process:
- Bacterial infection – the body fights the infection instead of healing the wound, meaning it takes longer to heal
- Persistent bleeding
- Poor diet, meaning nutrients are not available for healing
- Medical conditions such as varicose veins or clogged arteries restricting blood flow
- Lifestyle factors such as age, medications, smoking, stress and heavy alcohol use can slow healing and increase the risk of complications
If you have a slow healing wound, low level laser therapy could be just what you need. Clinically proven to reduce pain and promote the body’s natural healing processes, chronic wounds heal faster with low laser.
Accelerate wound healing with low level laser. Suitable for minor injuries or chronic wounds that are slow to heal. We welcome you to book a treatment session or speak to our laser team for advice.
BOOK YOUR LASER SESSION
ON (07) 5578 9000