Have you heard about low level laser treatment for lower back pain?
Lower back pain is a condition we commonly see at our practices. Soft tissue injuries and strains are often the cause, and can result in pain ranging from mild to debilitating.
- Chronic back pain results when an acute injury does not heal after 3 months
- Pain can affect day-to-day tasks, lifestyle and well-being
- Side effects of pain killers suggest it’s beneficial to look at alternatives
- Cold laser is an alternative, non-invasive and effective treatment option
How does cold laser work?
Low level laser therapy or LLLT, is a drug-free, non-invasive therapy.
The cold laser produces an impulse of light at a specific wavelength that maximises absorption of the energy at a desired depth.
This light source is placed in contact with the skin, allowing the light energy (photons) to penetrate tissue where it interacts to increase circulation and help restore normal cellular function, stimulating cells and tissues to heal faster naturally.
The effectiveness of cold laser has been confirmed in clinical testing and there are no known side effects.
Why use cold laser therapy for back pain?
The use of cold laser therapy allows us to treat soft tissue injuries at the source.
- Dose and technique are extremely important. Longer wavelengths are required to penetrate deep tissue
- Treatment administered by a trained therapist and overseen by your GP
- Cold laser treatment is extremely safe, non-toxic and highly effective
If you haven’t investigated cold laser already, speak with your GP to see if you might be able to benefit from this type of laser therapy for your lower back pain. It could improve your health and give you a new lease on life.