“Have you ever wondered if this is as good as it gets, if your life is as joyful as you imagined it would be when you grew up?”
The truth is that Happiness is within your reach. The Mentally Strong program will show you how to achieve Happiness in your life, even when times are tough.
Overview of the program – This is an online program that is presented using:
- Instructional videos,
- Explainer diagrams,
- Exercise sheets,
- Quizzes to consolidate learning,
- Helpful daily strategies to enhance happiness,
- Automatic membership to participate in weekly live Zoom group
Q & A sessions presented by Dr Kamal,
- Access to archives of the above sessions.
- Access to the Mentally Strong Community forum
Our Happiness course contains the following:
- Compassion and Kindness
- Bonus – Mindfulness strategies to use everyday and get instant results
- Tips and Tricks – Habits of Happiness
- Live Weekly Group Zoom sessions – weekly live access to Q&A with Dr Kamal
- Membership of the Mentally Strong Online Community – this is a supportive, self-sustaining community of likeminded individuals who want to get the most out of live. – the membership gives them access to archives of previous Online Zoom sessions as well as a community forum to discuss and gain support from the group.
Self-Compassion: Self-compassion is a logical practice to look at when we think about Happiness. What we tell ourselves ABOUT ourselves will influence the extent to which we experience joy and happiness. We tend to be our worst critic, and this has a direct impact on how we feel about ourselves and this in turn effects our level of Happiness, and limits our potential.
This chapter and the associated exercises will teach you how to be kinder to yourself and to challenge your negative self-talk.
Optimism: Our world view and perceptions of our future ultimately influence how we feel and act on a day-to-day basis. Optimism and pessimism have drastically different outcomes for our personal and professional lives.
This chapter will distinguish between optimism and pessimism, highlight the benefits of optimism and discuss ways to develop a more optimistic view of life, which will in turn improve the quality of your life.
Forgiveness: Most people don’t realise that there is a direct link between forgiveness and happiness. There is a general view that to forgive someone is to somehow give in to the perpetrator and thereby lose control of the situation. The reality is that unless we learn to practice forgiveness, we will forever be weighed down by the negative emotions we hold on to.
This chapter will explain the concept of forgiveness and discuss the importance of letting go, so as to enable us to release ourselves from the burden of anger and resentment.
Book Online Course
Benefits of the Mentally Strong program –
- Besides feeling good, positive emotions do good things for our brains and bodies. They lower stress hormones, help ease anxiety and depression, and improve our immune system.
- Happiness broadens your focus and expands your thinking.
- When you are angry, or stressed or anxious, your focus narrows to the source of your frustration and the object of your concerns. Positive emotions on the other hand, such as curiosity, love, joy, contentment, wonder, excitement expand your focus of attention. When you get excited about something, your mind opens up, your focus widens, and you begin to see possibilities that you may not have seen before.
- Happiness improves your ability to problem-solve.
- Happiness builds physical, intellectual, and social resources.
- Happiness counteracts negative emotions.
- Happiness protects your health.
Dr Kamal is a Clinical Psychologist with over 35 years’ experience working with individuals effected by anxiety, stress, depression, post-traumatic stress, anger problems and drug &/or alcohol addictions. He is highly skilled in assisting his clients free themselves from negative thinking patterns, negative childhood experiences, and unhelpful views of themselves and the world, so that they can experience joy in their lives and enjoy fulfilling relationships with their intimate partners and other significant people in their lives.