It is really important to speak to your doctor if you are suffering from erectile dysfunction.
It is not something to be embarrassed about and importantly, erectile difficulties can indicate other serious health problems. It can also be caused by medications you are taking.
Erectile difficulties can be a physical or a psychological problem. A simple medication may help or you may need to see a specialist such as a Urologist for further investigation.
Preparing for your appointment
Being prepared for your appointment will help. Let you doctor know:
- When you first encountered the problem
- What medications you’re taking
- Any other health issues you’ve noticed
- Whether you use drugs, drink alcohol or smoke
- If you’ve been anxious, stressed or depressed
- If there is a common situation where the difficulties occur.
It may initially feel awkward to talk to your GP about erectile dysfunction. However one simple appointment can make a huge difference to your health.