Our GP’s are experienced in the early detection and management of sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
We recognise the sensitive nature of sexually related health matters and assure you that your privacy is protected.
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) are very common and many go undetected and untreated. Serious outcomes can usually be avoided if detected early and STI checks are extremely beneficial for this reason. Disease screening usually involves a urine test and is simple, quick and painless.
Common Symptoms of STI’s
Some common symptoms of STI’s include:
- itchiness around the genital area
- a rash, sores or small lumps around the genitals
- unusual discharge
- burning sensation when going to the toilet
- unusual bleeding after sex or between periods
- pain during sex
- pain and swelling in the testicles
Treatment of STI’s usually involves medication.