Psychologists on the Gold Coast
Psychology provides treatment for the full range of mental health disorders including Depression and Anxiety.
Psychologists consulting at Robina Town Medical Centre Robyn Farley and Dr Kamal Dhaliwal are highly qualified and well-experienced, providing the best possible treatment for the full range of mental health disorders, including Depression and Anxiety.
They engage in evidenced-based practices, tailoring each psychological assessment and intervention to the individual’s needs and offer a range of different types of therapies.
Robyn Farley Clinical Psychologist
Dr Kamal Dhaliwal Clinical Psychologist
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT): CBT can assist you to understand how our thoughts and unhelpful thinking patterns can affect how we feel and the impact this has on our behaviour . Helpful strategies for managing these emotions are also a core feature of this type of therapy.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): ACT is a new form of cognitive and behavioural therapy which can assist you to better manage negative emotions and help you to live a life with more meaning and purpose.
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT): IPT can assist both you and your family to better manage interpersonal difficulties. IPT can help you to achieve more effective communication and social well-being by focusing on unresolved grief, role transitions, role conflicts and social isolation.
Some of the most common problems that we treat are:
- Anger Management
- Anxiety and Stress
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Crisis Intervention
- Eating Disorders
- Fears (Phobias)
- Gambling Addiction
- Grief and Loss
- Issues affecting Older Adults
- Obsessive-Compulsive behaviours
- Panic Attacks
- Post-natal Depression and Women’s Health
- Post-Traumatic Stress (following traumatic events)
- Relationship Issues
- School problems
- Sleep Management
- Substance Abuse and Dependence
- Weight Loss Management
Commonly, patients are referred via a Mental Health Care Plan. Private billing, Health Fund rebates, Veteran Affairs and Workers Compensation are also available for eligible clients
Use online bookings to make your next appointment quickly and conveniently, any time of day. If your appointment type is not available online, please phone the practice to book.
Robina Town Centre
Easy T Centre