Dr Brian Larter – General Practitioner
About Dr Brian
Dr Brian qualified from Cape Town University in South Africa in 1974. Brian has 4 decades of medical and surgical experience in all aspects of family practice.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B)
Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
South African General Practitioner Fellowship 1978 (MFGP)
Australian Rural General Practitioner Fellowship 2000 (FACCRM)
Special Interests and Expertise
Surgical Procedures: (Carried out on Wednesdays each week)
- Undertakes Minor Surgical Procedures, e.g trauma wound repairs, “lumps & bumps”, ganglion removals, remove in-grown toenails etc.
- Specialised surgical experience in all aspects of skin cancer surgery with special reference to plastic surgery procedures for surgical flap and repair procedures
- Skin grafting on all body areas including face, ears and nose
Cardiovascular Disease Management: (Carried out on Thursday afternoons)
- Cardiovascular (heart and cholesterol) related diseases
- Performs all heart stress testing at Easy-T Medical Centre (for the entire RTMC group of Doctors and patients)
- Works in close cooperation with Cardiologist (Heart Specialist) colleagues on all urgent cases
- For all joint related diseases (arthritis, gout) and bursitis, tendonitis, tennis elbow etc.
- Nerve blocks also performed for pain management where appropriate
- Executive Medical check-ups
- Workers Compensation medical cases